Introductory Algebra I
|Contributor||Portland Community College|
|Course||MTH 60, Introductory Algebra - First Term. Introduces algebraic concepts and processes with a focus on linear equations and inequalities in one and two variables. Emphasizes applications, graphs, formulas, and proper mathematical notation throughout the course.|
|Textbook||ORCCA (Open Resources for Community College Algebra) by Cary, Jordan, and Yao|
|Prerequisites||Intended for students who have passed the Basic Math (Arithmetic) course|
Customize your Student Experience
Edfinity is a full-featured homework system. Use this problem series as-is, or mix-and-match with other series or your own problems as desired. Edfinity gives you complete control over the every aspect of students' online assessment experience.
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Simplify and evaluate algebraic expressions.
- Represent a quantity with an algebraic expression for a given situation.
- Use a variable to represent an unknown in a linear problem, create a linear equation or inequality that represents the situation, and find the solution to the problem using algebra.
- Distinguish linear and non-linear relationships between quantities represented by two variables when given a graph, table, verbal description or algebraic formula.
- Identify and interpret the rate of change in linear data, construct a model and use the model to make predictions.
Powered by WeBWorK
This problem series includes WeBWorK-enhanced problems. WeBWorK problems are highly sophisticated, supporting the representation and manipulation of mathematical objects such as vectors, points, matrices, intervals, and complex numbers, with customizable answer checkers. Students are encouraged to make multiple attempts until they succeed, and given immediate feedback on correctness.
Edfinity provides full access to the WeBWorK Open Public Library (OPL), a collection of over 20,000 rich, interactive problems across a wide range of math and science subjects, including college algebra, discrete mathematics, probability and statistics, single and multivariable calculus, differential equations, linear algebra and complex analysis.
- Translating Words Into Algebra
- Evaluating Expressions
- Mixed Numbers Equivalent Fractions
- Add Subtract Fractions
- Multiply Divide Fractions
- Number Sets
- Absolute Value
- Simplify Expressions
- Integer Operations
- Exponent Basics
- Exponent Rules
- Order Of Operations
- Solve One Step Equations
- Solve Two Step Equations
- Solve Multi Step Equations
- Special Solutions
- Solve Equations With Fractions
- Solve For Variable
- Basic Word Problems
- Sum And Part Word Problems
- Rate And Start Value Word Problems
- Basic Percentage Word Problems
- Percent Of Increase Decrease
- Perimeter And Area
- Solve Proportions
- Proportion Word Problems
- Solve Inequalities
- Special Case Inequalities
- Inequality Applications
- Coordinate System
- Graph Lines By Table
- Slope Intercept Equations
- Standard Form Equations
- Graphing Line Summary
- Find Equation By Graph
- Find Equation By Point Slope
- Find Equation By Two Points
- Linear Equation Applications
- Parallel Perpendicular Lines
- Graph Two Variable Inequalities
- Functions Intro
- Distance Word Problems
- Account Interest Word Problems
- Mixture Word Problems
This is a multi-student, educator license. You will be able to manage an online course with your students, and monitor their progress.